Ready for a career change that will have a positive impact on human health, behaviour and climate?
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Role: Senior Sustaining/Design Mechanical Engineer
Podbike provides disruptive vehicles with minimum environmental impact, attracting citizens worldwide into sustainable personal transport.
We are currently a team located in Stavanger/ Norway and the team consists of experienced engineers and creative enthusiasts supported by business-oriented persons. The Podbike® FRIKAR® e-bike has been developed with the aim of bridging the gaps between cars and bikes by combining the comfort and safety of a car with the benefits of cycling.
About the position
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team and play a key role in the development and continuous improvement of our innovative 4-wheel e-bike platform.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of mechanical design principles, manufacturing processes, and product testing methodologies. They will be responsible for analyzing product performance, identifying areas for improvement, and developing innovative solutions to enhance the overall quality and reliability of our electric bikes.
Reports to: Technical Manager/CTO
Responsibilities & Tasks
- • Conduct detailer design analyses, including stress, fatigue, and kinematics, to ensure safety and performance of our 4-wheel e-bike.
- • Design and develop new features and components for the e-bike, incorporating innovative and cost-effective solutions.
- • Collaborate with other engineers to ensure the integration of mechanical systems with electrical, software and control systems.
- • Troubleshoot and resolve mechanical issues that arise during testing and production.
- • Conduct comprehensive testing and validation of mechanical components and assemblies to ensure product perfomance, safety and compliance with industry standards.
- • Prepare and maintain technical documentation, including engineering drawings, specifications, and test reports.
- Develop and implement design for manufacturability (DFM) methodologies to optimize product designs for efficient and cost-effective manufacturing processes.
- • Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- • Minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical engineering, with a strong focus on product design and development.
- • Proven ability to conduct and interpret detailed engineering analyses.
- • Experience with CAD software, such as SolidEdge or SolidWorks. Experience with sheet metal design and surface modeling is a plus.
- • English lanuage fluency (Norwegian language knowledge is plus).
Key Personal Qualifications
- • Highly energetic, motivated and proactive
- • Fast learner and innvovative
- • Ability to work in both team and independently
- • Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment
- • A newly created position in an exciting company with international ambitions. The organization is flat and informal, and the job comes with freedom and an equal amount of responsibility and accountability.
- • To become part of a team with a high degree of influence in further development.
- • Good development opportunities both professionally and personally.
- • Competitive conditions.
- • An international team and a good working environment at nice premises at Gausel/ Forus in Stavanger, Norway, close to public transport (train, bus). Relaxed working environment. No dress code, no business cards unless you really want one.
- • You will be working with other nice people in order to build great stuff to have a positive impact on human health, behaviour and climate.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Design Mechanical Engineer”.
If something is unclear, please do not hesitate to contact Henry Khov on +47 455 05 976 or email email@example.com.